The Office of Career Services serves students and alumni of:
- Harvard College (undergraduates)
- Graduate School of Arts and Sciences (MA/MS and PhD students)
- Harvard Extension School degree and certificate programs
In addition to the resources listed throughout the site, you may find those below to be helpful to you.
Some students decide to take a year off between high school and college to travel, volunteer, pursue an activity, or engage in some other meaningful experience. Harvard College supports, and in some cases, requires such a “gap year.”
Some resources that might be helpful in making this decision and/or identifying activities are:
- Gap Year information presented by Harvard students
- Harvard College Office of Admissions information on Taking Time Off
See the extensive Health and Medicine section of our website.
The Faculty of Arts and Sciences Task Force on General Education and Professor of English James Engel offer perspectives on the Value of a Liberal Arts Education on this page from the Harvard College Office of Admissions website.