Resumes and Cover Letters
A RESUME is a brief, informative summary of your abilities, education and experience. It should highlight your strongest as sets and differentiate you from other candidates.
Your COVER LETTER is a way to introduce yourself to organizations in a narrative form that will accompany your resume. Use your cover letter to describe your qualifications as well as your interest in both the job and organization so that the employer will want to interview you. Since the main purpose of a resume and cover letter is to “market” you, always keep the organization’s preferences in mind.
- Watch our Resume Online Workshop
- Attend Resume Workshops offered throughout the semester
- See our Resume & Cover Letter publication (pdf) and resume samples:
- Come to daily drop-ins between 1:00–4:00pm for resume & cover letter reviews
- See OCI Employer Events Calendar for industry-specific resume reviews