is an online database of Harvard University alumni who have volunteered to talk about their career experiences with students and other alumni. The database is intended to assist you in developing professional networking relationships. Full-time students and alumni of Harvard College and GSAS can access Crimson Compass
free of charge. Note: You must register with post.harvard in order to use the system.
How to Use Crimson Compass
- Go to www.post.harvard.edu. This is the Harvard Alumni Associationís On-Line Community website.
- On the right hand side of the Home Page, there is an area to log-in. If you already have a Post Account, log-in and continue to step (5). If you have not registered, click on the link that says, "Click Here to Register" under the "Member Login" tab.
- To register, follow the instructions on each page. You will enter your name, verify your birth date, and then create a User ID and password. As a current student, this registration only gives you access to the Crimson Compass, not to the rest of the Community Services.
- Log in under the "Member Log-in" using your newly created User ID and password.
- In the left-hand column click on "Crimson Compass" under the "Alumni Services" tab. You will be directed to the Home Page of Crimson Compass.
- To search for alumni, click on "Search." To view your saved contact list, click on "Contact List." For FAQ or Help, click on "Help and Guidelines." "My Profile" is only available to alumni.
- On the Search Page, there are various search criteria. It is suggested that you keep to a general search to get the best results. It should also be noted that very different results come from each search. (IE: Using "Keyword" as opposed to "Industry"Ö) Try a variety of searches!
- The Search Results will display basic information for the alumni - Name, Job Title, Employer, and School/Year. Remember that the entire Harvard Community is included in Crimson Compass.
- Click on one Profile that interests you. Under the Contact Information Section is the information that should be used to contact the alumni. There will be a link, "Send an email to this person" if the alumni has provided his/her email address (If it is not there, they have not provided their email address and do not want you to email them). Scrolling further down the Profile offers detailed information about advice offered, job specifics, and academic information.
- To add the profile to the contact list, click on the link at the top "Add This Profile to Contact List."
- THINGS TO KNOW: You can do as many searches as you want per day, but you can only access 20 alumni records per day. If you would like to look at more alumni for a power search, you can use an Office Account at OCS. Inquire at the Front Desk.
- If you have any questions, contact OCS or the Harvard Alumni Association.
- REMINDER: Send a thank you email or note to any adviser you contact!