GSAS: Nonacademic Career Resources
Intellectual and professional development are fundamentally intertwined.
— Allan M. Brandt, Former Dean of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences
The Office of Career Services welcomes students from all GSAS departments, and offers a wide range of services and resources tailored specifically to the needs of graduate students and alumni. Post-doctoral fellows who are alumni of either Harvard College or GSAS can learn about career services at postdoc.harvard.edu.
If you are considering leaving academe, you are not alone - hundreds of students and alumni each year request counseling appointments and attend career events to learn about opportunities outside academia.
Join the GSAS Nonacademic listserv to receive announcements of career events at Harvard and beyond, as well as job postings relevant to graduate students and PhDs.
Learn More About:
- Resumes and cover letters
- Preparing for interviews
- Exploring Nonacademic Careers
- Connecting to employers
- Negotiating job offers
- Special Concerns for International Students
- Special GSAS Work Groups
- GSAS Workshops and Events
- Join the GSAS Nonacademic Listserv
- Crimson Careers Job & Internship Database—New jobs and internships added daily!
- Going Global—Worldwide jobs and internship information (PIN protected)
- Massachusetts Stay Here Internships
- Vault—Over 140 Career Guides and more (PIN protected)
- Versatile PhD—Nonacademic career discussion and information for humanities and social science PhDs and ABDs.
- NEW: Practice interviews online with InterviewStream, available from your Crimson Careers homepage
GSAS Student Groups: